10 November, 2011

A Hippy Woman's Life Book Page 30


 A Hippy Woman's Life Book Page 30


By Amulbunny   
November 10, 2011
FOR TODAY

Outside my window… 75, muggy and cloudy

I am thinking       I need to go to WalMart

I am thankful for a good heater in this house

From the learning rooms… I am a good buddy

I can't believe . . .  Some people are still luddites

From the kitchen… meat loaf, smashed taters and gravy

I am wearing  the usual casual clothes

I am creating   ideas for Christmas presents

I am going   to get my ass in gear today

I am reading . . A Clash of Crowns (still)

I am hoping… that we get a nice rain Friday night

I am hearing… blessed silence

Around the house… dog’s on the bed

One of my favorite things… quiet days reading

A few plans for the rest of the week
1.   Empty another garage bin
2.   Pay some bills
3.   Look for some more apps for my Itouch

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing:

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.
We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved and were loved, and now we lie
In Flanders fields.
Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields.
Flanders Poppy on the First World War battlefields.


For the veterans here and abroad who fought to keep us free.
God Bless You.




No comments:

Post a Comment