First the shuffle, then the rant
- Sanctus, A Community Mass Richard Proulx
- Baby Be Mine Michael Jackson
- War Again Balkan Beat Brothers
- Still You Turn Me On Emerson, Lake and Palmer
- Feel Like Making Love Bad Company
- I Ain't Got You The Yardbirds
- Curmudgeon Nirvana
- All Over Again B. B. King & Mark Knopfler
- Tube Snake Boogie ZZ Top
- If I Had A Boat Lyle Lovett & Jimmy Buffet
Today we drove out to Downtown Disney, which is adjacent to Disneyland and California Adventure. My dear daughter is leaving tomorrow for a week in Chicago and she wanted to get some specific pins for her twinnie and family. We went to two different places to get them, both of them Disney Pin Trader areas. (At the last one, I would have sworn it was Ed Grimley waiting on us).
Since I didn't need to go wander through the many expensive stores selling needless items at grossly inflated prices, I watched people. A lot of people getting ready to go the Park in costume for the Halloween Haunt, of all ages. And then the stroller babies. I have a thing about babies, wee tiny babies who are dependent for all their needs from their parents going to amusement parks.
- The parents can't ride the good rides together.
- The babies don't care about Fantasyland, the princesses, the unique smell of Disneyland popcorn.
- The babies could care less about Small World and the boats.
I'm just a mean old lady but my kids were 5 & 7 when they crossed the gates of the magic kingdom. They could enjoy it, my daughter hated Captain Hook when she met him, but my son was enthralled. Now as adults they take advantage of their passes and go at least once a month.
Wait till your children can appreciate it. A 5 month old baby doesn't care.
Hives are really bad today.
Cards won the World Series.
Life is okay.
da bunny lady