02 May, 2010

Road trip

Got home from church and the work van was pulled out of the driveway. Hmmm. He's on call must have gotten a call.

Started at noon.

I walk towards the door and he says, hurry up we're going to San Diego. J said you can ride along with me and I'll buy you lunch/dinner whatever. So I change my clothes, put on my comfy shoes, and we leave. Stop at 7-11 and get me a drink and head south. Drove the 405 to the 5 to the 805. Got off on the 8 and hopefully, we got off at the right exit since the road we wanted wasn't marked. ( Had I had more time, I'd have had a proper map). Any way, I don't know how Mission Valley supports all those stores and restaurants. But we found our location and he did the job. We went to Mimi's for lunch and headed back around to find the Ralphs so he could get his dessert. No Joy. Got on the 8 and drove it west to the end and saw Ocean Beach, San Diego's famous dog beach. Drove past Sea World, got on the freeway and got off at Del Mar so he could get his dessert (cheese cake bites). Got back on the freeway and listened to awesome late 60's and early 70's music courtesy of the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band's My Hour on The Sound. It was wonderful.

Ended at pulling in front of the house at 7PM.

I am tired, but it was nice to get out of the house.

Peace all.

No comments:

Post a Comment