Then the son got married and as with some families, there was an estrangement. The son stopped seeing his Mom and his wife was not interested in letting her see their kids. So my niece who by this time had settled close to her mom, was the closest family that cared. But their grandmother was said to have put a tidy sum away for each grandchild. Whether or not that is the case, if it is so, I wonder what the son will think.I was chastised by his wife for telling the kids as "they never had a relationship with their grandmother". Still family is family and they lived 6 miles apart and never spoke. Now his Mom is dead. I told his wife via message that I send my sympathy to him, because no matter what else, she was his Mom and she did the best she could. I think personally that his wife wanted him to put her family first in everything, to hell with his. RIP Mary. I hope the fish are biting in heaven.
Now on to happier times:
- Home Michael Buble
- Oh, Carol Neil Sedaka
- Angel Band The Stanley Brothers
- You Belong To Me The Doobie Brothers
- China Grove The Doobie Brothers
- War Again Balkan Beat Box
- Heaven's Bright Shore Alison Krauss & Union Station
- Love is Strange Mickey & Sylvia
- 'Round Midnight Thelonious Monk
- Dust on the Bottle Tim McGraw
Tonight's a kind of blues night. Just a bit sad.