31 July, 2011

Brats, beer and potatos

Tonight we're having bratwurst, parboiled in 2 bottles of beer with brown sugar to caramelize them a little, baby potatos and onions baked in a light olive oil, and baked beans. It's comfort food to the max for me.  We'll grill the brats which takes just a few minutes since they are already cooked now and they will have that lovely brown color that just adds to the flavor.


It's just a good old fashioned dinner. I've made plans for dinner for the rest of the week. Tomorrow we're having pulled bb pork but no coleslaw. Not many coleslaw fans in this house. I could make a small fumi salad but I doubt it. Then it's Taco Salad Tuesday and Wipeout Wednesday. Thursday should be pizza and Friday it let someone else cook night.


We're the other direction from this picture but we've got storm clouds that we can see over the local foothills and downtown. We need the storms to drift a little to the southwest so we can get some rain. It would be nice to see a real lightning show with some rain to cut the mugginess. This is monsoon moisture from the south but it doesn't come over the basin much. There is rain offshore, but who knows if it will meander over to the coast??


I love taco salad and we have Taco Tuesdays at our house. Everyone makes their own from the mixings and they enjoy it. It's a tradition that we have here. 

Change of Pace  Here


This is what I have been dealing with for the last 3 weeks. Hives all over my back. I've had them all over my front, back, legs, and face. I've taken cortisone and Atarax. Today they are much smaller but still popping out. I don't know if it's stress or what. All I know is that I am semi miserable when I get them. I anticipate another doctor's visit and more bloodwork.

So that's about it.
Looking forward to getting some reading done, cleaning done and enjoying the dog days of August.



No comments:

Post a Comment