23 July, 2011

Weekended Wonders


So I get up this morning and listen to the news, such sadness in Norway.  It goes to prove that not all terrorists have brown skin, some are blue eyed blondes with hate in their heart.  
To my Norwegian friends I say: Gud velsigne og bevare deg.


I picked up my Mom and we went to the nail salon. She got a pedicure and a manicure and had flowers painted on her toes. She also got waxed. She looks wonderful. She's all spiffed up for her trip to Minnesota next week. I hope the weather cools down for her. She doesn't mind thunderstorms but the humidity drives her nuts.


I'm going to make sliders tonight to grill on the bbq and also have some baked beans and potatos to go with. I sent a list with my daughter and told her 5# of sweet onions. I'll do 2# for caramelized onions and 1# for the potatos. Toss with some olive oil and sea salt and roast away. Simple easy menu. We'll be eating out of our freezer this week. I have some wonderful pork chops that I can make pulled pork with if I can locate my slow cooker. It's probably packed in a box in the garage. 


We've been saving points like mad on our debit card, and soon it won't make any difference because they are going to stop giving them. We redeemed our points today on a fullsize 2.0 cubic foot Sharp microwave. That's big enough to cook a lot of stuff in it. Cost us 18,800 points. Can we say excited? It should be here by the end of next week. 





Ok, so I went a little overboard. I saw it last night on a date with my husband. We had a nice dinner at PF Changs and then went to the wonderful ArcLight Beach Cities to see the movie. I cried a little but overall I truly enjoyed the movie. It was very well done. Hard to believe those little children from the Sorcerer's Stone have grown up. I watch the first movie and am stunned. It was so good to see it. 

Not much else brewing in this neck of the woods. It's 74˚ outside and a slight breeze. There is supposed to be a warming trend. Church tomorrow and then relaxing. 

Peace!
Out!
da  bunny


No comments:

Post a Comment