03 July, 2011

Randomness again



We're having our family dinner today with my mom and niece. There won't be any parking tomorrow and it'll be crazy just trying to keep the dog calm. He'll get his doggie downers and hopefully it will help. We'll have our spa up and working by tomorrow so I imagine there will be young adults over soaking, drinking margaritas and having a good time. Safe and sane fireworks are allowed in our town so there will be plenty of booms, sizzles and pops in the neighborhood. But none of the local towns are doing the big displays in the sky because of budget cuts. There are 2 beach towns that are, but I don't think we'll drive over to see them. 


My fumi salad needs to be assembled and everyone is looking forward to that. It's so easy to do, green onions, cabbage, crushed ramen noodles, sesame seeds, sliced almonds and a tangy rice wine vinegar dressing. It's a never fail at church potlucks. And it's good the next day too. Hamburgers, sliced and grilled onions, tomatos, cheese, lettuce, condiments and some baby potatos baked with onions and a special seasoning  blend. A white cake with vanilla frosting to boot. My family loves to have me cook. I do a good dinner every Sunday and have my mom over. 


I went to Old Navy with my daughter today and got a sundress on sale for $20. It's really cute, lined and will be nice to wear around the house. Although I love shorts and tee shirts, there are times I like to wear flowing skirts. It's got spaghetti straps and a ruffle. I might even wear it tomorrow. Who knows. That's it right above! Also donated a tank top that I got for $2.49 (actually free) to the troops. It's a good thing and someone will be able to use it somewhere. 


This came via Fedex for me yesterday. Am I thrilled? Am I jazzed? I can watch movies on it, I can listen to music, to books, I can surf the web. OMG. It's such a neat thing.  My daughter gave it to me. 

So have a safe holiday, don't drink and drive, don't use unapproved fireworks (I still carry a scar from where I burned my self running with a sparkler and I tripped) and have a wonderful time with your family and friends.

Peace. Out.
da bunny





No comments:

Post a Comment