13 May, 2007

Don't take a sleeping pill and a vicodin



You'll sleep like a log and not wake up till the day is half over. Not that it's a bad thing, but when the alarm went off for church it sounded way far away. Glad I could sleep in today.

Got bad news last night. My cousin, who I seemed to get into trouble with when we were kids, was severely injured in a head on car accident yesterday near his home in Lone Rock, WI. His wife and son were not with him. His wife is pretty fragile and I don't know how she is going to handle this. I hope she will be surrounded by people to help her and him deal with this.

Sat at another exciting exit last night. Not much going on.

I got a letter from the DOL proclaiming to me that my benefits have stopped since I successfully worked for 2 months. That means if I have to take time off because of my shoulder, I don't get paid for it. Thanks a whole hell of a lot. I am writing the DOL tomorrow and giving them a piece of my tiny little mind about a whole rash of stuff. Least being the fact that I have still have constant pain and that isn't going away, nor is the fact that there a few things in my non work life that I can't do.

I have a whole list of things that I need to do. Write a bunch of letters.

Had tritip burritos tonight. The kid who had the party yesterday wanted ribs. Tough, it's mother's day and thank you very much I get to have what I want.

The party wasn't happy. Remember that old Leslie Gore song about "It's My Party"? Kinda turned out like that. At least there were some people who cared for her. As I told her life will go on. And the person who caused the trouble will only have herself to blame when her life spirals into a sewer. I had problems with that girl, can't stand her father who is a drunk, and now she has caused my kid grief.

Well tomorrow is another day, have to go to lab and have bloodwork done, write my letters and then hope that I can find the chicken for dinner. Have a good salad for lunch and enjoy my clean family room. They need to do the great room next.

Ciao.



No comments:

Post a Comment