28 May, 2007

Been kind of busy

Had an interesting week at work. Wasn't as busy as I would have thought for before a holiday but hey, at least it wasn't terribly dull. Saturday night a guy who was in the well had a full blown grand mal seizure. Scary. And I will bet you dollars to donuts that none of the sups or managers are CPR or first aid trained. Sure didn't seem like it.

Since today is my day off it didn't seem like much of a holiday. The stores were pretty much open, I had to take the kid to Office Depot and then I found out my printer needed a cartridge and I didn't have it in my stash. Crapola. Hopefully the husband will go to Costco tomorrow and buy the 4 pack.

Bought some ribeyes on sale this afternoon and grilled them the right way. After they came off the grill we let them sit for 5 minutes and then plated them. I also sliced 4 Vidalia onions (not nearly enough for this group) and sauteed them and added a touch of brown sugar to make them sweet. They were yummy. Add some corn on the cob and it's near perfection! And some White Zin and life is good.

Tomorrow it's back to work. Hopefully the week will go fast. As long as I am not stuck in the dungeon I will be okay. It gets so boring down there. At least at the bridge you can talk to people.



This is what I had done nearly a year ago. I can do some things which is good, but after a couple of nights of checking wheelchairs I have such pain that I have to take the big gun pain killers. The lump where the biceps was still aches, the top of the shoulder bone throbs and yet the doctor says there is nothing left surgically to do, Well what non surgical things can we do? I watch my posture, do lower body exercises and still hurt like an s-o-b. Nothing like residual pain a year later is there? And yet we have to suck it up and do the "job" we are posted too. Too bad the job irritates the muscles and causes us pain.

I can't think of much else exciting things to share==== Oh we did go see POTC-3 and it was good. Kind of long at 2h45m but it had some good moments.

Ciao.

- 30 -

No comments:

Post a Comment