19 May, 2007

Say what? You want proof? I don't think so.


There's a new manager over our department. And let's just say, he's not making the best of impressions with anyone. He's been around but he's got his own ideas and how things are run HIS WAY. I put in for my kids graduation. It's annual leave and it's my privilege to use my annual days any way I please. He sends it back to our admin person saying show proof. I wrote an email to my HR person and said if he's asking for proof that I have the time, no biggie. But if he's asking for me to provide proof of my daughter's graduation he's full of shit....BIG TIME. That's none of his business. I asked the admin if I planned on taking my birthday off would I have to show a copy of my drivers' license? She said the way things are going, probably yes. That's against the law. So hopefully our HR person will set things on the right path.

Today is my Friday. I have a decent attitude but I really would like to stay home and take the dogs to the dog park, walk around the block and not be there. My oldest is sick, so the husband took him to the doctor. I have to be at work at 1430 bright and cheerful. Well at least bright. I bought some new socks for work so I can identify mine...they keep disappearing and the person who wears black socks to work probably has a stash. These have a mark on them so I know they are mine. Socks and underwear seem to wander away from my drawers, 2 different children but they are the culprits. ( I know it's not the dog).

The husband is bitchy. Pure and simple. I don't need or want that aggravation. Have enough at work.

Oh I saw someone semi famous last night. David Hasselhoff. Looked ghastly, came flying out the jetway on a flight from Vegas. He's not that handsome anymore. Maybe he needs to book a German tour to have some ego pumping.

Ciao.
-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment