11 April, 2007

Unplanned day off

So I have to take some of my stored hours and take the oldest kid to the doctor. Joy. At least I have them to use.
The kid smashed his fingers this morning so I get to go to the doctor with him.

HE can't tell them he did it at work because they don't accept workers compensation claims at the medical group any longer. Probably lack of funding from the insurers. Thank God I was able to have it there when I got hurt. Lord only knows what kind of mess I would have had to endure had I seen the company doctors....wait, I've already had to endure a mess. What's the difference?


Big news.

The kid who went to Disneyland got stuck on the ride. IT stopped on a curve for her. They were evacuated out. What fun. So she has a story to tell. They were given fast passes to use at the park in lieu of riding the Matterhorn. Lucked out. They will use it on Space Mountain.

I am going to treat myself to 2 new books today. I need something new to read instead of thrice read Nora Roberts bodice rippers. Borders, here I come!

Flights have been full this week. Lots and lots of people coming off of them and moaning about the long walk from the gate to baggage claim. Why doesn't this airport have moving sidewalks? Good question, it certainly would make a difference. Why doesn't this airport have a single entry point and have all the terminals interconnected? The planners didn't anticipate the need for stringent security measures and each terminal has a different layout, ownership and needs. Why are the terminals so shoddy. NO major rehabs in over 20 years. TBIT was build in 1984 and is just now getting some needed work. OF course adding more airplanes to the mix makes it just that much more crowded. Wait till Qantas flies the A380 into here. Want to see a mess????? Betcha there will be gate checks then and people will be royally pissed off.

The wind is picking up and there are a lot more clouds in the sky. Fun. Wonder if any of that wet stuff will fall from the sky?

Nuff said for now. Need to get showered and ready to go to the docs!

Ciao. Babies.
=30=





No comments:

Post a Comment