30 April, 2007

still coughing, etc


Well I went to see my doctor today and she wants me to pump myself full of antibiotics before I go back to work. Hence, one more day at home drinking liquids and swallowing pills. Also gave me an inhaler so I can work on the wheezing at night. Fun.

There's going to be a march in downtown LA tomorrow. May Day, Immigration, the like. Wonder if all the people who are being inconvenienced by the thousands of people who are downtown will protest. Nah. Wouldn't get any coverage. I bet the husband will have to find a new route home if the onramps he uses are blocked.

I think BICE/DHS should be there too with a bunch of vans. Imagine how many people they could deport tomorrow night if they wanted to. I've seen deportees, don't look much different than the people you see at Food 4 Less or any other store. Jeans and sweatshirts and tennis shoes. But they are guarded by 2 BICE officers who stay till they are on the plane and the jetway has pulled away and the plane taxis away from the gate. Not much luck there.

Tomorrow I have to do a fasting blood test and pee test. Just to check to see that all my systems are working okay and the drugs that I have taken over the last 18 months ( ie meds for the shoulder) haven't done anything strange to my systems.

Being sick was okay. I lost 6 lbs in 7 days. I can stand to lose a lot more. That is the next project. Walking dogs and all that.

Time to think about dinner.

Ciao.
-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment