22 April, 2007

Sheesh


So my husband is driving home from work yesterday. I am already on my shift watching the exit when I get a text message. My husband has been involved in a car accident. The details are bizarre. Here we go:

He's on the 10 east fwy headed towards the 405 south. Traffic backs up at the offramp due to congestion. He stops. Someone behind him does not stop. Slams into him. The car behind them slams into them and he gets hit again. He and #3 car pull off the freeway. Guy 2 tries to start his car, but no luck. Guy 2 exits his car with the keys and his backpack. 1&3 say hey we need your info, guy 2 says in a minute I've got to pee in the bushes. GUY 2 BAILS AND RUNS INTO THE BUSHES AND DISAPPEARS LEAVING HIS CAR IN THE #2 LANE ABANDONED AND SMASHED. The CHP comes and does the report, the EMT's come and check out my husband. I leave the terminal and he picks me up. I call our medical group and they want him to go to the hospital. So we go to the hospital and he gets checked out. They say whiplash and take an NSAID. He's okay though my baby car has some bumps. I can't believe the guy bailed and left his car. CHP will check and chase. Just another day in LA.

My ortho prescibed Celebrex. The ER doctor said throw it out. I have an appt with my PCP tomorrow and will talk to her about the meds. You'd think the ortho would ask about other meds, I guess they dont' care. If I didn't take the time to check out the meds and read the contra's I could be doing myself great damage.

After I see my PCP I am going to fax my ortho and ask him to refer me to a neurologist because my PT person said it's not bones it's nerves that are acting up.

#1 child got a Wiiiiii today. What fun for him.
#2 child forgot her cel phone at church, good thing I got a call from the finder and picked it up.

Enough good news for today.

Ciao.
-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment