02 January, 2012

Trigger finger is painful y'all.

In trigger finger, also known as stenosing tenosynovitis (stuh-NO-sing ten-o-sin-o-VIE-tis), one of your fingers or your thumb gets stuck in a bent position and then straightens with a snap — like a trigger being pulled and released. If trigger finger is severe, your finger may become locked in a bent position.
Often painful, trigger finger is caused by a narrowing of the sheath that surrounds the tendon in the affected finger. People whose work or hobbies require repetitive gripping actions are more susceptible. Trigger finger is also more common in women and in anyone with diabetes.
Treatment of trigger finger varies depending on the severity.

Yep. That's what I've got. On my right ring finger. And it hurts.Like a mofo if you really want to know. If I leave it bent, it's not too bad but if I don't, I have to manually move my finger straight. I can feel the bump at the bottom of the finger too. I had it once before in my index finger, but it wasn't painful and I had a painful steroid injection and that cured it.
 But thanks to the wisdom and idiocy of the agency that controls my compensation, I don't have insurance till the 15th. 14 days of pain to suffer through. 14 days of no pain meds to help (can't take NSAIDs because of my immunosuppressant) and all this because some lackey hit the wrong buttons. I called these idiots and no call back, I've written them, and gotten no response. I asked them if they were going to pay for my meds, my visits, and god forbid my hospital bills if something happened? 
The Rose Bowl is on. Good game so far. I think I'll go out and read my Kindle and keep an eye on the game. 

Peace. Out.
Da bunny

No comments:

Post a Comment