28 December, 2011

Party on dudettes

My daughter is having a party tonight. Everyone is over 21 and there will be drinking. There will also be keys collected and no one leaves if they have been drinking. It's the way of the game or else there is no game.

I read another blogger who is again ranting and raving about the evil Catholics, Lutherans and Episcopalians. She said we "worship" the Queen of Heaven, Mary. I told her to give me a theological citation from a respected source that says that about Lutherans. In my almost 60 years I've never ever had a pastor or teacher refer to Mary as such. In Catholic services sure, but not in Lutheran settings. 

She brings up all these obscure anti Catholic screeds and I again told her, show me in a citation from a source that is non biased. Can't do that. 

Her minions think she is so wonderful. She quit having Christmas because she knows Christ wasn't born on the 25th of December. I told her I didn't care when he was born, it was the way to celebrate it. She thinks it's pagan , so what? The reason there is a creche goes back to the days when people were illiterate and the priests and church leaders created a way to show the story. They are probably doing this because they can't afford to buy their kids gifts. Cheap bastards. 

And then in another post (which she conveniently deletes every other day) she mentions that they traveled to a friends house for Christmas and had a great time. CAN'T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS. People remember. And nothing is forever gone in the internets.

And that as they say, is that!

No comments:

Post a Comment