05 April, 2010

Landsurfing in HHR

Yesterday I was sitting in the office and checking some websites, just surfing the web. All of a sudden at 1540, my chair started moving back and forth. It was like being on a boat and I started to get seasick. My husband yelled earthquake. The house just moved up and down and the lights rattled, house was creaking inside and out, and the tools on the fireplace were rattling. Turns out to have been a 7.2 magnitude earthquake centered in Baja CA about 330 miles south east of here. Scary but we were safe as were my mom and children at her house 2 miles west of here.






Last night the wind came and the rain came later. I was nice and snug as a bug in my flannel sheets and jammies. Have to strip the bed and change the sheets now though.




Easter dinner was a feast. BBQ Ribs, German Potato Salad, Fumi Salad, Baked Beans, Ham, Marinated Asparagus, and rolls. So my son got to have his baked bean and ham sandwich. It was nice to be together with the family as weird and dysfunctional as we are. I talked to my mom this afternoon and she's doing okay. Both of us are having problems with our backs. Mine is just aching because I stood way too long yesterday.




I didn't go to church. I know I know. But the service was a joint service with the Korean congregation which has basically taken over on the property. They are much bigger than we are. And everything has to be translated because they don't want to speak English. The sermon is 45 minutes longer because everything has to be repeated. I have a short attention span as it is. And the music drags and drags and drags.


So right now I am having major issues with my back and my shoulder. I need to eat some lunch and charge my cell phone.


Life goes on.





No comments:

Post a Comment