03 October, 2009

Thoughts on tv and other things

OK, I am tired of the bias in the announcers when ever USC plays. It's like the other team doesn't exist and only USC can breathe the rarefied air. So my thoughts on that are this:



Hopefully sooner than later.




It seems like we may actually have a taste of fall starting tomorrow. Even some drizzle and maybe rain. It would sure be nice to have cooler temps again.




I sent my app into the college finally. Now I have to get in touch with financial aid to see what is there for me. I need to get it taken care of soon. Classes start the middle of this month. I am actually kind of excited, if it all comes together. It will be a good thing to get this knowledge, benefiting our family and me. I'll be a lifelong student if I can, never can stop learning.




I have just started the 3rd book in the Baroque Cycle by Neal Stephenson, called The System of the World. The first 2 books took me a while to read, they are all over 800 pages but are just so detailed that you have to take the time to really understand what they are about. It's fascinating to read about Newton and Leibnitz and the intrigues that went on in early 18th Century Europe.




Tomorrow night is meatloaf night. I bought some nice acorn squash so we will have them and some baked beans for the child who doesn't like vegetables, except for baked beans and corn. And smashed potatos and gravy. My kids love my meatloaf. I don't ever make it the same way twice. I just go by instinct.




I've been reading a lot of blogs by people with totally different mindsets than mine. Women who have been taught their entire life to be SAHM and be obedient to their husbands. Not to continue their education, not to get a job, only stay home and be their husband's help meet. For them, that is their belief and their life. My mother was an OB nurse, my father was a policeman, we were loved, churched and raised to be independent thinkers who loved God and followed the teachings of Jesus. And we believe that with Jesus, began the new covenant, which I think that people keep forgetting. I won't debate religion or politics with anyone, that's is why we have the constitution and the 1st amendment. But I can disagree. That is my right.


Now if we could only do something about our 4th amendment rights about unlawful search, things would be amazing! Hopefully that will happen in this administration, if the ostriches will pull their heads out of the sand. Wanna know why we lost the Olympics? As a foreign or domestic air traveler. No question, hands down.

So long, farewell, auf weidersehn good night!



da bunny
*who got a thumper sweat jacket for 10$ at Ross! You go girl!










No comments:

Post a Comment