07 October, 2009

fair thee well my bonny gal

It's partly cloudy with a nice breeze, and temps in the low 60's. My favorite kind of weather. Nights getting cool enough to wear a sweater and maybe even light the fire and sit and read.


Before we light it though, it needs to be cleaned and also have a creosote log burned to get the crap out of the chimney. We also have to clean the stones above it since they got a little smoked last winter.

Been thinking about my Bible(s). I have been reading some blogs and these people declare that the only authoritative word of God is the original King James Version, thees, thous, and thats. MY first Bible was an RSV and I now have about 5 versions, including NIV, RSV, NRSV, NKJ, and one more, that if I wasn't so tired and sore I'd find it and tell you. I find reading different versions, enlightening and I don't find the Word diluted or sanitized. Oh yeah, The Good News Bible. That was one that the church bought and put in the pews. Kind of Bible Light. But they all said that Jesus was born of Mary, taught and preached the Gospel and was crucified and died, and was resurrected on the 3rd Day. What more do we need?



Our Lord has written the promise of resurrection, not in books alone, but in every leaf in springtime.


I like Luther, he makes sense where sense is sometimes missing. He also railed against the Jews, but he liked beer and sex and all those thing that make a marriage worth the effort. He loved dogs. A human. Just like we all are. Failed and fallen, but redeemed because of the faith we have in Christ Jesus.

On to less pressing things. The Vikings smacked the Packers this week. Brett is still giving as good as he gets. The Vikings Defense is something else. The Packers need some protection for their QB, he kept getting smacked big time.




I saw Star Trek the Movie, hmmm. Action packed. Pretty darn good.



Angels and Demons is a better movie than The DaVinci Code. The sets are wonderful, the detail is great. The Vatican refused to let them film at St Peters. Poor Vatican, more people visited there after TDC, more tourism for the churches in Rome now. Waiting on getting the new book, it's ordered, got it used on Amazon.



Well now I've gone on and on and the coughing has started to knock me back a little. So I'm going to stop and relax.

da bunny





No comments:

Post a Comment