31 October, 2005

Hallowe'en Bah Humbug!

Tonight I am going to turn off my lights, lock the doors and be glad I live at the back of a lot. I hate Hallowe'en with a bright burning passion. I don't mind other people enjoying it, just don't force me into it. The NSO can't figure out why I hate it so, but I don't want to give out candy to ungrateful kids who are dropped off in my neighborhood because "they don't have a safe place to trick or treat". And why shoot guns late at night? Scare ghosts away? Duh. I hate all of it. But being in a back house with no lights on should be a good sign. I will be in the family room and have the oh so brave Dog with me.

Rant over.

Went to the Phil yesterday and had a nice time. Heard Schumann and Mendelsohn and Haydn. Andre Schiff conducted and played. It was a nice concert. Came back and sat in the spa and then left for home. No dinner so I stopped at Trader Joes and picked up a sammie and some other stuff, then home and watched Poker on TV with the husband. With the time change, by 2200 I am already having closed eyes so I crawled in and fell asleep.

Kids had a good time this weekend. Son went to Blizzcon and saw Offspring in concert. Daughter went to the Magic Kingdom and California Adventure. She loved Tower of Terror and the new improved Space Mountain. One of these days I have to go back. It's been years.

I went to Costco. LOL. And I watched the oh so delectable CatWoman. God what a waste of time, but I know why my son liked it. That was a background chewer if I ever saw one. Someone needed the money to make that. Haha.

Decorated the house a little for Thanksgiving. That was nice. Will do Christmas the 2nd week of Advent. Have to ask the kid to check out pre lit trees at his work and the cost. I think we will do that. And then go to Joanne's for garland, and decorations. This will be a nice Christmas. Need to get lists from the kids.

Tomorrow the new SW movie comes out on DVD. I have to take the kid to work to buy it at 0800. Then he is going to come with me to the farmers market so I can get some squash and some small baby potatoes. If I can find some beans, I'll get them too. Will make a healthy dinner for them tomorrow. I'd like to get some portobellos, and BBQ them.

Hot today. Santana Winds all over the basin. Nice change but I do like cool and clear as opposed to hot and clear. Hope the fires won't start again. That wreaks havoc on my breathing apparatus. Nose doesn't like smoke .

Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment