28 April, 2010

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr It's April not February!

We've been having another bout of wind. Gusts to 30mph and higher with sustained wind of 18mph. Makes the doors shudder and the animals hinky. Makes me nervous. 


#1 son got laid off today. He's had a streak of bad luck with illness and even though he had doctor's notes he was let go. He's pretty sad. I hope he can get unemployment so he can keep up with part of his portion of the bills. #2 daughter's store closed Saturday, so she's not working either. She is going to have to get some student loans to get through the next 2 semesters of school. 


Who ever the anonymous poster was, hopefully has scurried back to her hole. I have a strong suspicion who it was, because the verbiage was so familiar. And I wasn't even the one who notified CPS about her. Oh well. Comments (not that I ever got many) are now moderated. My house, my rules. 


My mom is much better. We had lunch on Tuesday. It was so nice to be with her. We got some bad news on Monday, my cousin (her niece) had died of a stroke at age 47. She was supposed to be in line for a liver transplant but the donor did not pass. Her body just couldn't take it. She leaves 4 children and a husband. Sad. I am 9 yrs older than she was, mortality knocks again. 


The chopper is up and about again. It's been up a lot today. I think the wind chews up electrons making people do dumb things. I missed the drivers license checkpoint today. There was one a couple of weeks ago, blocked the entrance to the tract. All I wanted to do was go home....


So sweet dreams, take care and hang on, the ride is great!







No comments:

Post a Comment