06 March, 2007

All this for a job?


Well I am supposed to start work this week, if I can accurately jump through the hoops that the government and the airport authorities have set in front of me. Get fingerprinted again, they haven't changed since the last time I was printed, nor have I been arrested for, charged with or convicted of any capital crimes.

First like a good little soldier I go to the office where I am supposed to be fingerprinted and an officious young man tells me well you're XXX and you should know that you need a birth certificate or a passport to allow you to be fingerprinted. Wait a minute, says I, I was with an HR person yesterday and they said nothing about that. Call HR, oh the airport is wrong, Go back. Ask for so and so. They will correct it. Okay, back in I trot and I get the oh so valued paperclip. Please go stand outside in the line that wraps it's way around the building and we will get you processed. Now mind you this is just for being printed.

After the prints clear ( I've been printed 10 times in my life for various and sundry jobs in banking and education) I go back to HR and get another valued piece of paper and go back to this same office, see the same person at the desk, and get in the same line as before and then get my badge. Is there something wrong with this scenario? Yes. A. Lot. Nothing like wondering what the government is doing.

So when I finally get back to work, and mind you this is going to be a light duty assignment, I will be working swing and being nice to people. This I can do.

Tonight I am going to watch House and go to bed and get a good nights sleep.

Ciao.
-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment