25 April, 2018

Down a lazy river....

A huge military helicopter just flew over and shook the rafters. Don't usually see them here or that low. I'm used to seeing the sheriff's copter doing rotations and using this area as a pivot point.

The trip the Las Vegas was nice. I took some of my mom's ashes and spread them at Willow Beach which is about 11 miles downriver from the Hoover Dam. It was peaceful and nice. They ban outboard motors on Sundays and Mondays so the kayakers and rafters don't have to fight with them. It's 4 miles from Hwy 93 to the river downhill. They had a bad storm and some of the road down washed out. Basically a gully washer. We got in for free because I have my disabled National Parks and Wildlife Refuge card.










I was displeased with the hotel. I ate dinner along and it was over $60. No cheap eats. We woke up to the sound of jackhammers. The day we left we had a late check out and they turned the water off. I was getting ready to take a shower and no water. Couldn't brush my teeth either. Luckily we had a bottle of water with us and I brushed my teeth.  The Monte Carlo is transforming into the Parc and we're not going back there.

If you look closely you can see a rope and a cable hanging down in front of the window in our suite. The last morning we also had a window washer trolley go past.

Glad to be home. We now have 2 dogs and 1 cat and a niece living with us.

This is what I need now.

da bunny




No comments:

Post a Comment