10 October, 2017

Fire season

There are fires burning in wine country and there are fires burning in Orange County. Both are devasting to watch. The wine country fires as of now have 13 dead, over 110 missing and nearly 1500 structures burned. Horrible.

Yesterday my son and I were driving out to campus to drop off the graded finals and the grade sheets and we went down the 405 to the 605. As we got closer to the 605 the sky darkened and smoke was in the air. My son said it looks like the end of the world. 4 miles later down the freeway and the sky is blue again. The wind was fierce. We got hit by a pine cone as we drove towards school because the trees were shaking. Last night the sky was pink with the smoke from the fires. It makes it very hard to breathe because of the particulates in the air.

Good news:
I'm teaching English this module. Have been getting handouts ready and am going to work very hard with this class. It will be 10 weeks and there will be a couple of weeks off. I am looking forward to it.

Life goes on, I worry about things that I can't control.

Peace
da bunny


No comments:

Post a Comment