05 October, 2017

A down day

This has been a pretty crappy few days.

I have a chest cold that doesn't want to end.

Last Friday, the 2nd to last class, only 2 students showed up. That was the night they were supposed to get their takehome finals. I had lots of stuff planned, videos, power points, and a lecture. We had an abbreviated class and I sent them home. I sent an email to the director of the school expressing my displeasure at the disrespect that was shown by none of them notifying me that they would be gone. It should be unsaid that common courtesy says you notify your teacher of your absence.

No reply. No nothing.I will go tomorrow. Collect their finals. Send them home. I will grade their finals, email them their grades, fill out the paperwork and walk away. I don't know if I'm going to teach for him again, I'd like to, but I'd be pretty vocal to the new class about notifications.

Yesterday a large table that my spouse put in front of a window fell over and it hit me. It was very painful. I took a muscle relaxer last night and slept ok, but now the pain is coming back. Why he couldn't take it out the garage is beyond me. That will be a project for this weekend. I don't need any more aches and pains, believe me.  


da bunny

No comments:

Post a Comment