17 June, 2010

The J. Paul Getty Museum

The kids talked me into going. I drove. Not good, but that's done and over. I hate traffic almost as much as I hate leaving the house. Borderline agoraphobia here.

Anyway we got there and had to park 5 stories underground. We got to the tram and took it up to the museum. The first thing we saw was the Da Vinci drawings which will be gone as of Sunday. What a marvelous thing.

14th and 15th Century Stained glass, 13th - 15th century illuminated manuscripts featuring the Old Testament.

The sculpture garden. I need to spend an entire day there looking at the sculptures. I wish we had a huge house that I could decorate with lovely pieces d'art. Here's the Delusion of Grandeur by Magriite and behind it is Maillol's Torso of Summer. They are wonderful.


I hate the drive back. It's 19 miles and takes forever. I have lots of respect for my husband who drives easily 200+ miles a day. Today he came home and went to sleep. Just worn out. No wonder he'd rather fly to Vegas than drive.

We will go back again, and get their earlier, take the better camera and have a wonderful day.

da bunny

No comments:

Post a Comment