10 February, 2010

Oi vey

As has been said before I cruise a bunch of blogs. Some I subscribe to via Dashboard, others I have bookmarked and check once in a while. Some I just write off to craziness, others, well I just don't know.

This one blog is written by a young woman, married with 3 very small boys. They live in a small coastal town in ME and on the edge of poverty. Their apartment is a literal pig sty. Worse than mine ever was or has been. She concocts these awful things and expects them to eat and not complain. The only person that would complain would be the husband and he's a brick short of a boxcar. She made me cry when I looked at the rat trap that she has her kids living in. Pee soaked mattress, no decent blankets in an under heated apartment in ME in winter. No thanks.

My kids are grown. They shared a room until we got a place with 3 bedrooms. They decorated their wall with the entire universe when they were little. It was a bitch to paint over when we moved but it was wonderful to see. They used their imagination and their talents.

I have a few more thoughts, but the rain is done and I want to have some of my sloppy joes for dinner. Made with fresh (though frozen by me) ground beef. Tomorrow is a trip to the market. Early.

as always,

1 comment:

  1. Agree with everything you posted. At her husband's blog, he left a comment, which gave me the feeling his blog is a sociology credit for his college. I don't think he takes anyone's concerns seriously. I think the two of them may be more peas in a pod than anyone thinks. I'm disgusted.

    ReplyDelete