11 February, 2010

4 hour logs don't last 4 hours.....

We like to use our fireplace. We haven't used our heater in 2 years. So it gets cold in here when I don't have a fire.I bought these logs today that say 4 hours, the log didn't last that long. Oh well.

Now the weather is improving and I have enough logs to last me a few weeks. IF it's nice tomorrow I will open the French doors to the patio and the front door and let the warm in. It will be nice to see the thermometer crawl above 65. Last night it got down to 41. Thank God for flannel sheets and warm comforters and quilts.

We've never liked warm bedrooms. The world's hottest human doesn't do well with heat, one foot is usually stuck out of the covers to regulate body temp. Since we have a king size bed we have a space between us that is usually like ice. We aren't cuddlers, I get claustrophobic. Usually we've always got a window cracked in there, but the last month it's really been hard with the rain coming from all directions.

Saturday we've decided to head up to the local mountains, actually foothills, and check out our favorite gold prospecting site. That's for the husband, my ideal gold panning is sitting in a beach chair with an umbrella, a cold drink, and a book when it's 80 degrees at the river.
I can't do that kind of stuff. The arm doesn't work well enough. I had to take a pain pill tonight and the pain has been reduced. Pretty sad that you have to take opiates to get relief. Right now it just aches and aches some more.

The butterfly who is social is spending the night with her friend whose parents are in BUF visiting relatives. Her friend has a labradoodle who's a wild puppy. She has a thing about picking up hand weights and dropping them. Fun. Then tomorrow the child will go to grandma's and help her go through material that's been sitting in the closets under the window seats for over 20 years. It belonged to my moms' husbands first wife who died in 1989. He would never let her go through it or donate it or get rid of it. Now that he has passed, she's going through it.

My mom is thinking of getting a dog. She doesn't want a puppy but she'd like a dog to be a companion. I'd feel good if she has a dog. It won't happen right away but it would be nice for her. I'd love to have another dog, but the dear husband won't allow it.

Funny story, today I'm driving down the road with the mutt with me. I'm going to pick up the kid from work. I stop at a light and it's across from an auto shop that's closed and has some shepherds in the locked area. This tiny 9 lbs dynamo goes nuts. He's gonna get through the closed window for hell or high water. I laughed so hard. He's really brave when he's in the car.

So anyway. My laundry needs to go in the dryer. I am waiting for the kid to take his clothes out and put mine in. Lord, it's like pulling teeth sometimes, he's playing his game on the Xbox.

So life on the flat land goes on.
Peace and Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment