28 December, 2009

Too much togetherness




We had a lovely holiday, but after 4 days of togetherness, I am glad that things are back to semi normal. Our children bought us a 32 inch HD TV and a BlueRay player, which hooked up to the internet gives us instant netflix. Can we say addicted to the tube? DH who normally spends his time in the office playing poker and watching all kinds of arcane things on science channels now can spend his time out here and take over the TV. Too much fun.




I used Norads Santa Tracker but I guess he got distracted at the last moment.


At least he wasn't on that NW flight from AMS to DTW. I've got some select things to say about the knee jerk reaction. I also see that the TSA has backed off some of it's pronouncements. Let's see you fly on a TATL or TP overnight, sleep for 5 hours and then be told, sorry we're an hour out and you can't use the loo. Okay, I'll pee and poo right in my seat. I'd like to see our officious government officials do that. And have you flown one of those long flights with a child? Seriously, nothing to do for an hour? COMMON SENSE!!!!!




Oh wait, we don't have that available in airline security anymore. And if you can't catch it the first time at the checkpoint, are you admitting that your procedures aren't effective because you have to do it all over again at the gate? I flew out of ATH 2 weeks after the hijacking to Entebbe and my dirty underwear was checked at the inital checkpoint. They did a good job and only did it once. Is the second time a charm? Maybe they need to come on board and check the pax when they are in their seats.



Here's to 2010 being a better year and bring common sense back!

1 comment:

  1. making me laugh I have threatenned this very thing - of course I mean it - bet you do too!

    ReplyDelete