01 May, 2006

LA Times Festival of Books and 3$ Waters!

Yesterday after church the NSO and I hopped into his little blue sporty car to go on an adventure. We did some errands he had to do and then we headed up to UCLA to go to the Book Fair. It was packed and it was also late in the afternoon on the 2nd day. Had we been organized (which in our world is not apt to happen) we would have been there right after church (dogs be damned) and seen some of the good discussions with authors.

I could have seen Craig Ferguson discuss Between the Bridge and the River, Teri Garr and Speedbumps, Jackie Collins, Tab Hunter, and Michael Connelly, the author of The Lincoln Lawyer. But as usual we got there late. I did however meet the author of The Bad Behavior of Belle Cantrell, Lorraine Despres. She was very nice. I told her I tried to get the book as an advance read from Random House, but I didn't get picked. That was neat. We saw the people from KPCC and I also talked to one of the people behind Gather.com. It was really a lot of fun. Lots of walking and people watching. My one and only complaint was THE HIGH COST OF FOOD! Unreal. We should have held out and gone to somewhere else in Westwood to eat. But we didn't.

He dropped me off at my house, exchanged pleasantries with the husband and the dog and I came in to find my fridge had been emptied and cleaned out. God only knows what science experiments were growing in there. Ha.

So life goes on. Today's the great brown out day. Glad I am peach. And we've got June gloom. Life at the beach, what else is new?

Ciao. Babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment