09 January, 2006

I have a kid who will do this. Honest to God, she used to be Little Mary Sunshine, but now she's the ogre from the 7th level of hell in the morning. Unless she wants to do something. Then she is wide awake. They are both like that. They are 16 and 18. Christmas Morning, instead of sleeping in and letting Mom and Dad get some peace, they are at the door hollering and shouting. We have a 7 AM rule. I get up at 6AM and turn on the oven, put in the strada and go back to bed. Then we get up and open gifts and I go back to bed to sleep until I have to get up to go to church. Of course the breakfast is done, they have their eggs, sausage,cheese and maple syrup. I get my rest. This is odd, posting about Christmas 2 weeks late. Oh well.

I see the boy wonder this Friday. IT's coming up on 3 years now that I have had this injury, 3 years of dealing with doctors, mri's, surgery, no surgery, PT, no PT, and of course dealing with the DOL. Believe me, it's not been any fun at all. Pain, chronic pain that is, can be one of the leading causes of depression and more serious problems. I take a heavy dose of anti depressants because I have major issues. I didn't ask to get hurt, I didn't ask that my shoulder be in such a mess. I do think that the lack of proper training, the total disregard for the proper instruction of employees in the rush to meet the government deadlines and the laugh that is the organization is a reason for a lot of this. Hell I wish I could go back to work and do something. I am right handed. My right shoulder is the one that is damaged. I can type for 30 minutes max. I can't file, lift anything greater than 5 lbs, and then the pain comes with such a vengeance that I am in tears. What a saga. And then add being broke and not having enough money to do much of anything.

The only reason we are going to laughlin is that I got 2 free nights. It will be gas and food and I will eke out of the budget maybe 75$ for gambling. That's not a lot. So I take a book, sit in the sun by the spa and relax.

This is a rant. Needed to do it.


No comments:

Post a Comment