28 February, 2011

Is space walking like jive talking?



I'm watching the NASA channel. The space walk has been going on for 4 hours. Amazing. And since it's in space it's in glowing black and white. I still have no idea how big the ISS is. I can't conceive it. It's like watching Star Trek, where did they build those ships? 
And a quote from Hamlet seems good right about now:



What a piece of work is a man, how noble in reason, how
infinite in faculties, in form and moving how express and
admirable, in action how like an angel, in apprehension how like
a god! the beauty of the world, the paragon of animals—and yet,
to me, what is this quintessence of dust? 





And a memory for Sharon who lost her life to breast cancer and complications this past week. She was only 35.

May the Angels lead you into paradise; may the martyrs greet you at your arrival and lead you into the holy city, Jerusalem.

May the choir of Angels greet you and like Lazarus, who once was a poor man, may you have eternal rest.


John 14:1-3
My brothers and sisters, Jesus says:
“Do not let your hearts be troubled. You have faith in God; have faith also in me. In my Father’s house there are many dwelling places. If there were not, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back again and take you to myself, so that where I am you also may be.”



 So we go about our lives.  Day after day. Trying to right the wrong, live the way Christ would lead us. Why is it so hard to get up on Sunday mornings and go to church? For years, nearly 40, I'd faithfully get up and go to church. Now it's a chore. It's like pulling teeth. Once I am there I am glad I am but it's so hard to get there. 



So peace and out for today. Clear skies and light winds to my flying friends. Melting snow and warmer temps to those of you on the frozen tundra. 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment