31 January, 2007

Rocket J. Squirrel lives up to his name

This is our new friend. He decided to take us for a run today and take Duffy with him. He can run like the wind. I opened the garage door and he and Duffy went after the cats. Big Mistake. He'll be 3 on Valentines day. He wants to be inside and cries alot. What he really wants is to check out the cat. the cat wants nothing to do with him. I hope to God I have the energy for this. We will be making trips to the Dog Park quite often with this one to let him run and get his yayas out. Have to have 2 people since one dog goes to big dog park and other one goes to little dog park.

Kid #2 has finals this week. She is off to library with her study group so she can do well on her gubmint final. I hope she does well. She is really turning out to be quite the student. No AP classes for her. And no extra college classes.

I don't understand these kids who graduate with their high school diploma as well as their AA from a community college. I think kids need a transistion from high school to college. I know I wasn't ready to go to a 4 year school when I was 18. I loved school no matter what.

You have no idea what a disappoint it was for me when I actually started to teach and most of the kids I taught could have cared less. It was an example of apathy at the highest level. Of course these kids had been told they were crap since they were little so why would one teacher make a difference? i had kids who were had such severe mental illness that they belonged in hospitals and not in classrooms. Kids whose parents thought that to solve the ADD all their kids had , was to give them sugar. Yep, good old sugar. And when their kid punched through a window in a door because he was late to class, that it was the teachers fault for obeying the instructions of the principal to shut the door when the last bell rang. Oh the stories I could tell. The kid who slugged me in the abdomen when I was trying to get kids out to lunch. I should have filed a police report on that. Oh the things I know now that I didn't know then.

Well tonight is meat loaf, mashed potatoes and gravy and veges. Need to go defrost the meat. Sounds good to me.

Ciao.
-30-

No comments:

Post a Comment