17 June, 2020

Wednesday




It's Wednesday afternoon and it's June Gloom. A balmy 72º and lots of humidity.
Since I hate heat, this is perfect weather. The sun may peek out between 1600 and 1730 and then go back behind the clouds. I can open my doors and windows and feel comfortable. Nothing I can do about the humidity.

I've not said anything about the marches, the rioting, the looting, nor the abysmal track record of the LAPD, LASO, and other police departments in this country with regards to their treatment of black citizens. The blatant killings of George Floyd in MN and Rayshard Brooks in Atlanta, and the killing of Breona Taylor in her bedroom March 13th in Louisville. There have been arrests in the Floyd and Brooks cases but none in Louisville. What is the problem? The fact that the incident report was basically blank and it was accepted by their superiors? This is something I truly don't understand?????? Is her death any less tragic than the other?

And of course, COVID-19. I'm wondering if what I had in late Feb early March was it. It was so miserable. But the cough wasn't like the pneumonia I had before. I doubt if my doctor would approve an antibody test, but it would ease some fears. I've never hallucinated like I did with that illness. It was fearsome.

Time to go and think about dinner. I'm leaning towards meat loaf and mashed potatos and some kind of vegetable. 

peace. 






No comments:

Post a Comment