21 May, 2020

I read fanfiction, don't hate me.

I admit it, I do read fanfiction for a certain genre and most of the time I really enjoy it. Back in the old days, I even let an X Files story or two get published on a site. Now I content myself with reading and commenting on stories.  That's good right?

For the last year or so one person has basically taken over the site with stories that make this old teacher weep in their poor construction, grammar that would make a 3rd grader wonder, and I truly believe this person uses text to word to compose. And if you mention spelling problems, they don't get fixed. I quit reading their stories. The writer is from the south and co-opting terms from a different language set sometimes doesn't do it. I wonder how this person has a life outside the fanfiction arena because they publish at least 2 new multi chapter pieces a week. I think the person must eat sleep and drink fanfiction.  And don't get me onto Tumblr either. 

Enough grousing. It's still breezy and inland is going to be hot this weekend. We're still pretty much closed as far as shopping goes. Our favorite Mexican restaurant reopened for take out only. I want one of their wet carnitas burritos soon. They have the best red sauce and fresh salsa around here. 

Brad Pitt is co-opting my current hair style. I've got a lot of grey interspersed through the back, and white witches streaks through the front. I hate my hair. If I thought I could get away with it, I'd drive the 330 miles to Vegas and get my hair cut. If I don't I'll wait till July and get it cut when my lady goes back to work, if she does. 


Also a good recommendation for a binge watch: The Great on Hulu. A bit saucy and a bit risque but loads of fun watching Elle Fanning and Nicholas Hoult. 

Sleep tight, watch out for those covid dreams and we'll get through this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment