24 January, 2010

The Longest Walk

We are still waiting on the Lord to open the gates of heaven and take Paul up into the never ending fairway in heaven. It's been2 weeks since he had anything of nutritional value. The pain is being contained with methadone and ativan, as well as diazepam and atropine. He had an infection from his catheter and his output is next to nil these days. The infection is being treated with Tylenol suppositories.

I found this prayer the other day and we posted it in the room that he is in:

I arise today
Through
a mighty strength:
God's power to guide me,
God's might to uphold me,
God's eyes to watch over me,
God's ear to hear me,
God's word to give me speech,
God's hand to guard me,
God's way to lie before me,
God's shield to shelter me,
God's host to secure me.
----- Bridgid of Gael


So we enter into another week. I am being selfish as I have a prepaid trip to Las Vegas next week to see Better Midler. We had no idea that this would have happened when we made the reservations in November.


Prayers would be appreciated (if anyone reads this)>





No comments:

Post a Comment