10 February, 2006

I need 48 hours of peace and quiet

Stepdad had a stroke. Husband was home because I called him at 0500 and asked him to come down from the base because I had a terrible earache. 3 hours later my mom calls and says can you come and sit with P as he is not doing well and had fallen. I couldn't, was out on pain pills. Husband went. Talked to the dr, told Mom when she got back to call 911. By 1145 I was at hospital sitting with Mom. He was admitted at 1900 but not in a room till way late. Today he was moved to a private room. He is hallucinating and very restless. They will give him some antipsychotics to settle him at night, and use soft restraints. He can't get out of bed because he has no strength in his legs. Did a contrast CT with negible results. Did an ultra sound of both legs to check for clots.

We are worn out already. Back and forth to the hospital to try and keep up Mom's spiris. His son will come on Sunday so Mom can go to church. He will drive from Acton to be with his dad.

Took kids to hospital with me. They need to see and be aware. Scared them a little. But it made them realize that life goes on whether we contol it or not.

That's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment