02 September, 2009

I read a post today-- a small rant.

at a place called Carepages where a person went on a rant as to how dare the president of these Youknighted States dare take precious edjucational time to address elementary school students and indoctrinate them in the communist way.

This person who I used to think was fairly intelligent, who lost a child to brain cancer and had the best health care money could buy for her deathly ill child (who also took pictures of said deathly ill child and posted them on the webpage-perhaps they thought they were honoring her, but it was creepy to see the child who had deteriorated to an awful state ) was crucifying the president for health care changes.

And how dare they change the name on 9-11 from Patriot Day to a service day. I asked her if she remembered President Kennedy and the ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country, was he a communist? Is wanting children to take pride in their country and help someone else being a communist? I don't think so.

She said she would entertain opposite opinions but would tell you now that ALL of her readers believed the same as her. I sent her message as a private option and removed myself from the email list. I told her I wasn't going to fight about it as I was too old to get into a shouting match, but we are involved in a war we never should have gotten into because of her adored president GWB and how many thousand young men and women will never again come home to their families. Funny how they forget the freedoms like the oblivion of the 4th amendment, freedoim from warrant less search and seizure, and wiretap that were basically erased with the patriot act. I asked her if the health care they had should not be available for all sick children in the country and if families who couldn't afford the same quality of care be turned away and let their children suffer and have the family go bankrupt paying hospital bills?

It irritates me that people are so blind. After being led down the path blindfolded, we still can't see we were screwed and no one even said thank you. All I can say for the years from 2001-2008 is that there was an awful lot of evil masquerading as security and protection. Let's consider every brown person with a foreign name a terrorist but throw in granny and the baby so we aren't profiling at the airport.

But then these are my opinions and no one elses. That's the beauty of free speech. You can say what you want and if someone doesn't like it, so what. We are guaranteed that right in the 1st Amendment. Those old guys in wigs must be rolling over at what a mockery the law has become.

Ok. I am done. I just had to blow that out of my mind.

da bunny


No comments:

Post a Comment