14 February, 2018

Saying Goodbye

Mom left us last Tuesday about 7AM. Very quietly. She did it on her terms. No drains, no dialysis. She had a chocolate drumstick the night before, a piece of pepperoni pizza and hugged her dog. We all talked to her and told her we loved her.

As of right now I am persona non grata with my brother because he did not appreciate my opinion of his church oh well. It's a free country, but I will not comment on him or his beliefs again.

Lots of things to do. The house has to be emptied and sold. We get a small percentage of that. There are house hold goods to remove. A couple of tables, her mattress and box spring, some dishes. I'm taking all the canned food to lutheran social services.

I hope this trust does not take forever. I want it done and over. I am waiting on her ashes and the death certificates to deal with.

Peace Mom, I'm going to miss you every day of the rest of my life.




7 comments:

  1. My condolences on the loss of your mother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. This is a very rough patch in our lives.

      Delete
  2. I am sorry to read this today. I like what you write about the chocolate drumstick and how she died on her own terms. It’s a nice photo of her that you posted. I hope you have someone to lean on since things aren’t great with your brother right now. Maybe something can change there. Peace. — jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here is a song that i recently discovered and have been playing - it was from watching the Avett Brothers HBO special ‘May It Last’... i think is so beautiful about loss and love and having lived a well life and it’s slipping away. You might like it. But it’s beautifully sad. It made me cry the first time i heard it and even the 10th time.

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Cj7gLYp60d8


    ReplyDelete
  4. Dang it, i don’t know how to get it to load up where you just click it so you don’t have to copy and paste it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh God Jojo. That is wonderful. I'm not crying as often as I was. I have a terrible time going into the house. My brother and i have buried the hatchet. We are working together and against the evil stepbrother who threw a wrench into the home sale. Can't say how much we are pissed at that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey amulbunny.... I’m so glad to hear that you and your brother have mended things. Your stepbrother is making issues about your mom’s house? What’s that story? Ok, now I’m going to read your more recent post.

    ReplyDelete