05 May, 2013

Meds and hot flashes

I have had a significant amount of pain over the last few days, so I have been taking the heavy hitter pain meds.  I can about figure out when the hot flashes are going to hit. 2 hours after taking them, my forehead starts glistening and I'm looking for the fan. I'd open the window here in the bedroom but there is a Cinco de Mayo party going on next door and the older woman yells when she talks. I have my little circulating fan on and that seems to help.

Last night was the May the Fourth Be With You game night and it was also come up with drinks that match the theme. There was an interesting one called on the shores of lake Navoo (or however it's spelled) that was bright blue. Milk and Creme de Cacao and bourbon. There were 3 birthdays celebrated. One for the 5th, 6th, and 7th. It was pretty interesting and fun.

My dad's birthday is May 7th. If he were still on this earth he'd be 114. But he's in heaven drinking beer and sitting in an aluminum boat with a Johnson Motor on the back. Next year it will be 50 years that he will have been gone. Wow.

Some of my long time readers will remember the tale of the trainwreck and her 2 little boys. There is an update coming up. One that I could have predicted but didn't really expect. More on that. But the leopard doesn't change it's stripes and mean girls are mean girls. They may age chronologically but they are still air boxing at "the other bitches". 

Time to catch up on my DVR=== 

Peace. 


No comments:

Post a Comment