But right now I've got the galloping crud and I can hardly breathe. If I don't feel better by tomorrow then I am going to go to urgent care since my doctor is triple booked with other people having the same thing.
29 October, 2012
23 October, 2012
17 October, 2012
IT IS 88 DEGREES OUTSIDE
THERE ARE NO CLOUDS
WHERE ARE OUR CLOUDS AND FOG???
WHERE ARE OUR 70 DEGREE TEMPS?
THEY CALL IT INDIAN SUMMER.
I WANT FALL AND WINTER.
COOL AND COOLER.
THAT'S MY MANTRA!
13 October, 2012
- In less than 4 weeks we make a huge decision for this country. If you aren't registered to vote do is quickly and be ready to cast your ballot. This election is more important than any of the last 4. Don't let a cabal of right wing theocrats run our country.
- I lost $8 at Trader Joes this morning. It fell out of my pocket when I went to get my keys out. I was chastised and castigated for it. When I replied to the person saying such things, I was not polite. Nor did I wish to be.
- Listening to the police scanner for the beach area is interesting. I also listen to live ATC from the LAX tower.
- There was thunder and lightning the other day but very little rain here. Other areas were drenched.
- The shuttle is inching it's way to it's new home at the CA Science Center. A Toyota Truck pulled it over a freeway overpass. Cool and cooler.
There will be more next week.
04 October, 2012
A Happy Woman's Life Book Page 56
Outside my window. . . 66. Cool. Lovely.
I am thinking… The heat wave is over.
I am thankful for… making do with bits and pieces.
From the learning rooms… Reading and peace.
I can't believe . . .how awful the debate was.
From the kitchen . . . Mac and Cheese and Peas?
I am wearing… Floral sleeveless blouse, slippers and shorts.
I am creating . . . Need to “fall” color the living room.
I am going… to do the best I can with what I’ve got.
I am reading . . . Winter of the World, Heaven Should Fall
I am hoping… One day at a time.
I am hearing… Fan rotating next to me, tv in the other room.
Around the house. . . . 1 dog, 1 cat, 1 husband.
One of my favorite things… sauerkraut.
A few plans for the rest of the week…
1. Get some onions for stew
2. Cleaning kitchen all the way
3. Vacuum and mop
Here is a picture for thought I am sharing:
I saw the shuttle Endeavour on its LAX flyby.