18 January, 2012

Life in various variations, colors, and keys....

Today when I woke up and crawled out of my cocoon it was 42 outside. Inside the house it was 58. Cold and then some, bare feet and a tile floor. Brrrr. Turned the thermostat up to 70 and it took 4 hours to be comfortable. We have a heater in the bathroom and that made getting out of the shower pleasant.

I was looking at some pictures of my children today. How small they were and how happy they look.And short. Now my son towers over me and my daughter is taller than I am too. There is one of them with my Mom and the kids are in their footed pajamas and look so adorable. Guess we did that right. Bet they wouldn't have been cold this morning.
I've been listening to a lot of traditional blues music. The blues range from "O poor me" to "Let's party on". Then there is bluegrass, the banjo stylings of Earl Scruggs. The flying fingers across the bed of the banjo. Makes me smile. Thank goodness for Pandora.


So it's time to take my massive pill and go crawl into my cocoon and read some more.



No comments:

Post a Comment