10 February, 2011

A small product endorsement

For those of us who grew up in the late 60's and 70's music was probably a big thing in our lives. At least it was in mine. I always harbored a secret desire to run away and sing back up for some rock group, live vicariously through movies like Woodstock and The Rose. I loved the music I grew up with and find what's passing for music these days sadly lacking.

I tried to add this widget to my blog but I think it's not showing, so anyway I'm giving a shout out to Rockabye Babies, Lullaby Renditions. I have them by The Beatles, Zeppelin, Queen, Eagles, Johnny Cash and The Rolling Stones. The guitars and drums are replaced by vibraphones, mellotones and laid back instruments. I put them on my Ipod and turn it on at night before I go to sleep. Before you know it, you're asleep. My daughter uses them at he preschool she works at to help put the babies to sleep. She loves the Bob Marley one. They have groups of my liking as well as quite modern ones. (God that makes me sound like an old bag doesn't it?) They have 36 different CD's and there are a couple of other companies that are doing the same thing.

Yesterday the social butterfly and I were driving to Costco and we saw a gaggle of helicopters up in the sky. They were hovering over the Airport Courthouse where Ms Lindsay Lohan was going to appear. Honestly isn't there more important news going on in this city than a washed up actress who got popped for stealing a necklace? They didn't do that when Winona Ryder shoplifted. Of course in a city where Charlie Sheen can order 30K worth of cocaine and get all messed up and not get arrested for it, who knows? But if it were you or me you'd be sure we'd be in the big house sweating out whether or not we'd survive the next shower. Things are different for the rich and semi famous aren't they?



I've had some bad days recently. Just felt like I was at the bottom of the well and looking up. Hopefully getting back on the meds will make a difference. I take 7 pills every morning and 4 at night. 4 are Rx. Like my mom says getting old ain't for sissies.



So peace to all of you. Fair skies and following seas. No turbulence in the blues.

1 comment:

  1. some people feel the same way about you and the STC gang...what in the world are you doing making other people the point of your concern...making them celebrities, perhaps?

    ReplyDelete