18 January, 2011

Home from the seas is the cruiser

We picked up the cruiser from LAX on Sunday night/Monday morning. She was exhausted. And rightfully so. She flew from FLL to ATL to LAX on the airline i don't like. I wish she could have flown on WN but they couldn't find a flight that would work. It would have saved her and her roommate some $. Her roommate got hit with a $90 overcharge for 2lbs overweight. Nice DL. Real nice.


My kiddo got targeted by ICE in Key West. She was harassed, badgered, falsely accused and had her luggage tossed, as well as her stateroom and the belongings of the other 3 people in the stateroom. Why? The dog alerted outside their door. They had no drugs, they had no contraband, they had nothing. Yet they were treated like hardened criminals by agents of our government. Am I pissed? It's beyond pissed. I am composing with her help a letter to my congressperson, both of my senators and several other people. This is unconscionable, and tells why people are avoiding coming to the US. Treatment of innocent travelers like this :::: ON A CRUISE SHIP AT A US PORT::::: is telling of the gestapo mentality of these employees of the DHS.


So onto other things. There was a shooting at a local high school and it's breaking news.  I bet if I went outside I could see a gaggle of helicopters over their location. It's about 4 miles from here. I knew their old principal. He was a micromanager and didn't foster much love between the parents because literally it was his way or the highway. I worked for him at another high school.



A blogger I have followed for several years got married and quit blogging. She was my sons age and she was a stay at home daughter by choice. Actually she was basically the mother of the family because her mother couldn't deal in my opinion. She home-schooled her brothers, was her younger sisters mother figure, did the accounting for the family farm and other businesses,  bush hogged lots with a tractor and cutter and did a lot of other things. Her mother blogged that her daughter was in training. So she ran the farm. A guy found her blog on the internet and they ended up getting married. I wish her well because she is now in Oxford with her husband. She has a home school high school education. He's a Rhodes Scholar, Princeton graduate who's going to be serving in the Army. I think she's going to have a rough time unless she loosens up. She refers to things as "sweet". Her husband is on a pedestal so high that when he leaves his underwear on the floor, she will gladly pick it up. I commented quite often on her blog but since I left a comment likening watching 27 bellringers (she had them proceed her down the aisle at the wedding) to herding cats, I have been persona non grata. Well honey, I did weddings for 10 years and the ones with children were the hardest to deal with.



And a train wreck that I've followed on another site is now back in her home town and owns 2 homes courtesy of her deceased dad. The homes have been vacant while she has dragged her children from Michigan to New York to Ohio to Kentucky to New York to Kentucky and now back to Michigan. She was with one guy this whole time until the last time in Kentucky. Now she is with someone else. Her little boys have gone along for this road trip. They are 5 and 3. It's amazing how some people fall into it and come up smelling like roses. And as with some vacant homes, they were used as a drug squats and will need a lot of work to make them habitable. I wish her luck too.



I love my new washer. In fact as soon as I am done writing this missive, I am going to start a load. You know when you're down to your emergency underwear it's time to do wash. It's nice to have real clean clothes.



I have some cash for a Christmas present and I think I am going to spend part of it on Itunes. And some books. Good idea. Now I need to get a new Ipod. Maybe....



I wish you peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment