06 April, 2010

Sometimes it's just worth the effort......

 I was industrious yesterday and stripped our bed and washed sheets and blankets. It's a CA King sized bed so it's not a one armed job. But I had bought these wonderful 400 thread count sheets at Anna's Linens for 20$ and They feel so good. If you know how hard it is for me to do these simple little things, like changing sheets, folding towels and normal everyday chores, you'll be glad that yesterday it was a good day.

The storm has passed and the sun is shining. The wind has died down and the temps, though mid 60's are comfortable. I do believe that global warming is affecting the entire world, no snow during the entire month of March for Central Wisconsin, the first time in 125 years. Low temps in CA during what is normally a warm spring.

And then the earthquake. The scientists say there is no such thing as earthquake weather. My dog and I disagree. But these are folk tales and nothing is supported by fact. Hot dry days, cold nights due to no cloud cover and the earth retracts. JMHO, I am in no way a scientist.

My family sort of has a history of earthquakes:

2 Feb 1971       My brother turned 16--- Sylmar Quake
1 Oct 1987       My son was born -----Whittier Narrows Earthquake
28 June 1991    My birthday       Sierra Madre Earthquake
28 June 1992    My birthday        Landers Earthquake
28 June 1992    My birthday       Big Bear Earthquake

So it's interesting when we have them.


I watched Dancing With the Stars last night. What a trainwreck for Buzz Aldrin and Kate Gosselin. Please send one of them home this week and the other one next week. It's too painful to watch.


Not much else to say or do. Just another tepid Tuesday.


No comments:

Post a Comment