11 March, 2010

Sunny with a chance of wind

Chance of wind is putting it lightly. The 50 foot palm tree across the street is blowing and shedding it's branches. Our pine trees are devoid of dead needles. The tarp over the spa has been cut down and thrown out. In a couple of months we'll refill and re do that area. Dog and I went out front but the wind was just too cold. It's 59˚ but feels a lot colder. The weather reports say we will be moving into the 70's next week. I had the front door open (screen shut) and the French Doors open so the breeze could blow through this morning when it was warmer. Just not now.

I am so tired of getting automated computers talking to me. Ugh. Cost cutting measures.

I was going to make swiss steak for dinner, but forgot to get some stuff. So I'll head out to the store tonight and pick the stuff up. I'll start it on the stove (browning the meat) and then put the rice, tomatoes and vegetables in the crock pot and let them cook all day. Since everyone comes home at different times, they can eat when they are ready. It's not like 50 years ago when I was little, you ate breakfast at 730 and watched Captain Kangaroo, lunch was when the mill whistle blew at noon, and dinner was on the table at 5PM when Daddy drove in the driveway. As I got older and families changed, dinner time became much more flexible. When I was in Europe, it wasn't unusual to be eating dinner at 10PM.

Taxes loom on the horizon. 2 EZ's and then the big one. But it shouldn't be that hard to do. Thank God for the online help. No biggies for this one. When we owned a house we had our taxes done, but since we're renters it's a lot easier to do them.




No comments:

Post a Comment