17 March, 2010

It's planting time in HHR

'Tis time to start the plants again.
The lemon tree has provided fruit all winter and now it's down to 6 fruit. But there are lots and lots of new blossoms on it. We'll see fruit about the same time that the tomatos and peppers are ready to bear fruit. We have a grape and a big girl tomato hanging as well as an orange bell, jalapenos and poblano chile's in the red planter.

The jasmine was here already and is blossoming like mad. It smells so good at night. It makes having 4 ugly dirty palm trees planted in the planter worthwhile. When the kids and I were at Home Depot the other day they had pre planted palms for 19.99. No thanks.

This house has 14 pine trees planted on the property. 6 of which are in the front, 2 in the front planter, 2 next to the garage and 2 on the boulevard. Besides the palm trees there is a wind break of bamboo which is thriving thanks to all the rain we had. It blocks the view over the fence from the street behind us. So it's putting something back into the atmosphere.

I threw a package of wild flowers that I got at my stepdad's funeral into the front planter. I've never had luck growing anything there so we shall see what happens. I put some water over the dirt after I stirred up the soil.

And by the way:


No comments:

Post a Comment