06 September, 2009

Sunday Musings on God, mass, and singing....

The Discovery Channel has been on all afternoon. Planet Earth is on now. The photography on that series is wonderful. You get to see so many things that only God could have created.
nb: When I get to heaven, 2 things I have to ask God:

1. Why are avocado pits so big?



2. What were you doing when you created the platypus---was it a joke?


Anyway, I downloaded some Bible Studies from the ELCA website so I can keep up with the lectionary for this stretch of the year. I'd like to get the new Lutheran Study Bible but it depends on what this next check looks like. In the meantime I have my New Oxford Annotated Bible which has been my trusty companion now for 9 years. I also have my Woman's Devotional Bible with devotions that I have had since 1995. Both are really good companions. I think that seeing different translations and views help us learn more about God's word. What you say? The bunny is talking about God!




Yep, and I even loaded 14 cds in the Sanctus series on my Itunes, to listen to wonderful choirs sing the masses. Of course some of these existed before the Restoration to all your KJV people, but they carry the full liturgical value of the service that Christians celebrated then. Because they honor Christ and his sacrifice and through the gift of faith which is fully given, we are free in Jesus.



And, btw, I am sitting here in shorts and a sleeveless shirt because it's miserably hot in this office and I can. Flip flops too in case there is someone who is bothered by my bare toes. I'd wear a skirt if I had to but I am much more comfy right now. And I even have a bathing suit to wear in my spa, though I've been know not to. (Blinded eyes I know).


For those who haven't met me, I am a midwestern Lutheran transplanted to southern California. Mother of 2 adult children, 1 in college, 1 works full time. Neither can afford to move out. Right now on total disability due to a nasty work injury, married to a flawed but loving man for nearly 24 years. Have belonged to the same church for over 40 years. Believe in God. Jesus is my savior and with him brought the new rules into play. I was married in a religious ceremony by a woman minister, does that make it any less binding?



Well anyway, the back yard is being weedwhacked so I think I will watch the space shuttle for a while. And calm the dog.

Peace and out.
da bunny


No comments:

Post a Comment