29 July, 2009

July is nearly over and things are changing. Smurfs beware.




I thought that you could trust doctors to stand by what they told you in an office visit. Come to find out that's not true when you are dealing with the agency I hate and their minions. I last saw the doctor on 13 July. There was no mention of returning to work before mid August. I get a phone call from the case manager nurse, who's working for the agency I hate, and he says Oh by the way, your doctor released you as of today (24 July) to go back to work. I have the restrictions right here.



Whoa, wait a minute there cowboy. Why wasn't I consulted> how come no one spoke to me about what I can and cannot do? What is going on here? The doctor evidently filled out some form for the agency I hate and didn't consult me at all. I fired off a very unhappy email and also listed things that I can and cannot do that were not even covered in the restrictions. And the fact that I am still taking meds didn't figure into it? This is the same old story as before. Not paying attention to the needs of the patient. He's a wonderful surgeon but as far as listening and talking about things, didn't work this time. So on Friday I have to pick up the revised restrictions, add them to the restrictions that I have from my foot doctor and then see what the company I work for can come up with. I am still boot laden though it's healing really well. Says something for keeping it up and not doing a lot. My hair is turning greyer by the moment.



On to mundane things. A cheap date is to take the dog to the small dog park in El Segundo and then move down the block to spotters hill and watch the airplanes take off and taxi. All we needed were some sandwiches and a thermos and we could have stayed there for hours. Even though it was hazy, there is something about a 747 taking off and disappearing into the clouds.
The dog was good and enjoyed his time out. I need a pillow to keep up front because he insists on standing on my stomach when he looks out the window.


Our tomatos have been ripening and we are getting to the end of the season. I need to plant something else, but I don't know what veggies will grow in the fall around here. They have been so sweet and so good. The ones that were supposed to be romas turned out to be grapes. I've had them grilled, steamed, in spaghetti sauce and I can tell you that they were wonderful. We will do it again next year.



So it looks like I will be going back to the land of Smurfs with significant restrictions. I will carry a copy of them with me so I don't violate them. Things have been known to be challenged so I need to have proof. And I get to wear the oh so stylish boot. Hahahaha.


So anyway. Not much else to say or do. Time to find a lawyer and get me some money.
That's all.





No comments:

Post a Comment