05 October, 2007

Friday...What 's in your luggage?




I am so glad that it's Friday. And a 3 day weekend. What a treat. And we burned a log tonight. Made it seem like fall.





It's snowing in Mammoth, it's windy here and the wind chill is making things chilly. There are kids all over the house and I am looking forward to sleeping past 530 tomorrow. Just when I am all snuggled in and sleeping really well, boom the alarms go off. Drat.




Interesting week at work. Lots of things that I wonder where the stuff is going and who is taking it. Things that I wouldn't think of putting in the belly of any airplane going anywhere, I-Phones, Louis Vuitton wallets, D&G sunglasses, Bvlgari jewelry. Unless I was flying private I wouldn't even consider checking those things. Or my laptop or anything valuable. I'd carry it with me or leave it home. There are too many crooks not in the security business to count. And if you see an expensive suitcase what is to say that it won't be rifled through by the ramp people? They aren't making any money. Especially the contractors.


There was a temper tantrum somewhere in the warehouse today but I don't know who was the recipient of it. It wasn't me. Although I had my own trial by fire. A congressional investigation regarding a lost item has hit us. A racist biddy who was sure that someone was going to steal her identity and run off with her life. She was nasty and not very nice. That week I had 2 people that I had to deal with nastiness and I sure didn't need that. Things have been pretty good since then, knock on wood. I've worked hard to have a good phone persona and a good attitude even if I have to repeat the same thing 19 times. And those 2 nasties occured on my 2nd week on the job. Not even 7 days into working the desk. I was still scared and inexperienced. Now I can deal with tantrums from the customers.



So on those thoughts::::



and




No comments:

Post a Comment