13 June, 2007

Owwww

'myspace

I was taking something out of the oven and somehow I managed to get a burn on my left forearm. It doesn't really hurt but it's raised the area under it. It's not peeling or anything but it does ache a little when I run my hand over it. I remember a sharp pain but then I didn't think anything of it. I was baking trader Joes tempura vegetables--- they are awesome by the way and when I pulled the pan out. Ouch.

We are waiting on something to be funded. It's like watching grass grow. The hoops have been jumped through and it's just the waiting. I can't say much else.

No change in the pain with the meds. Just weird odd dreams. I think I wake up more tired from all the activity in my dreams than in real life. Dosage goes up again tonight, I don't know if that will make a difference or now.

I have dutifully called in every day that I have been out. Wonder why they treat you as less than human? The absence is verified and supported. For craps sake, I am what they so wonderfully call light duty and I am there because I have an injury that occured at work and has not been cured and never will be.

I love it when people who have no clue as to what it means to have a tendon cut and attached to a bone that it should not be attached to tell me that I will regain my use and ability to lift. Walk in my shoes a day. I can't even lift a 7 lb bag of ice without severe pain. If you aren't bleeding and don't have any obvious sign of discomfort you are suspect. I met a guy who has 4 pins in his back and whose pain management doctor said no you do not belong at work--- not to mention he takes morphine tablets for his pain. It's a true comedy of errors. As long as I don't overdo hopefully I can return and do okay. But the question is, will they honor the restrictions that the doctor has placed on me? If not I will have to request some other kind of assignment. Like that will work?

Time for some mundane household chores that don't require much thought.

Ciao.



No comments:

Post a Comment